Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 30ish Humblism

I've heard from a few people that they noticed I haven't been keeping up with my blog every day. Well, now that I know it matters, perhaps I will.

I finally received my Mother's package. Twenty two days is all it took to get here. Third world what? Well, thanks to her, I've gained everything I've lost back in two days. I now have diabetes. My teeth have fallen out, and my sweat tastes a bit like skittles. Giant bags of Skittles, regular bags of Skittles, Toll-House cookie packets. Gummy Savers. Pringles. Cheeze Its. Starburst. Beef Jerky. Starkist Tuna Lunches. Ritz Crackers. Squeezie cheese. To be honest, I did comment that I am withdrawing from sweets. Its funny, every time you leave your surroundings for a long period there are always little things that show up that make you realize certain things that you take for granted. In Australia, ketchup was a biggy. Tomato sauce is miserable. Here, its something thats good for me to go without. Desserts. Sweets. Sugar. The juice helps a bit, but they don't have much in the forms of sweets here. Other than pie, and thats too much. I've been good staying away from things, but this package has since arrived. From thing to thing, sampling my fat ass away. All day. My stomach right now feels like concentrated hydrochloric acid is burning away my insides...wait...thats right...it is. Along with the candy, she also sent along some stupid booklet about Jesus and attitude. I haven't looked at it yet, nor will I, but she redeemed herself by adding my 11th grade Genetics independent study paper. Yes, I was smart for my age. (Definitely drank and smoked that away...) The paper is an interesting read...if your into genetics. So, about 3% of you. Probably no body reading this, actually.

I watched Superbad today. I guess I never realized how extremely funny that movie actually is. Perhaps now I look at it in a different light. I remember feeling most of those exact feelings that they experienced in the movie. That was at a completely different stage of my life, a pretty amazing one. I have some stories that would amazing you, disgust you, leave you in disbelief for so many different reasons. They are all lessons from a previous chapter. Its good to review chapters, you want to remember the lessons learned don't you?

Today...The best played, the best played well, but the best did not succeed. Neither the Red Wings nor the Lake Show manage a win today, yet hope is not lost. Game 7 in the NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Perhaps that most exciting game in the entirety of sports. The most speed. The most physical game. Rivalled only with the Superbowl. But the Wings will win. They were designed for Game 7. To win when they needed to most. The best team will win. (Justin should play, but Draper will be there for the face-offs) And the Lake Show. Orlando shot something like 67%, and you lost by 4. You have nothing to be disappointed about. Keep doing your thing, and this will be over in 5, MAYBE 6.

Cheers,
Dr. Samsun

3 comments:

  1. where are all your daily shout outs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. try to get companies to sponsor your blog..that would get some nice income

    ReplyDelete
  3. meanwhile, i seriously doubt that booklet was about jesus, maybe attitude..........also, what about that great body sponge, ear plugs, and the pix of samsun?????don't be like a reporter and only give part of the story....

    ReplyDelete