Monday, July 27, 2009

25 Days Left DPS Practical

I figured it would help me study by typing my DPS practical on here for you all to read. Enjoy.

D: Good afternoon Ms. Fox, I'm Dr. Gaynor.
P: Good afternoon Dr. Gaynor. Please, call me Megan.
D: Alright Megan, what brings you to see me today?
P: I've been experiencing shooting pains in my chest whenever I take a deep breath or cough.
D: How long has this been happening?
P: Well, I first noticed it a few days ago, but it has gotten progessively worse. My friend finally convinced me to come here today.
D: When was your last physical?
P: I just started shooting a new movie last month. I was required to get one for that. Transformers 3, are you a fan?
D: So, one month ago?
P: Yes.
D: What were the results?
P: The doctor told me that I was in excellent health.
D: Tell me more about your chest pains.
P: There is not much more that I can say. We've had to delay filming because I can't take a deep breath. You've seen my films, right? I have a lot of actuon scenes. Not only does it hurt, I've had trouble catching my breath recently, too. Doc, I exercise everyday! Last week I ran 10 miles, no problem. Today, I was winded just walking to your office.
D: What happens when you take a deep breath?
P: It feels like a knife is penetrating my chest, and then I cough which makes the pain worse.
D: Does anything come up when you cough?
P: Eww! Yes! I almost vomited yesterday when I spit it out, nasty yellowish-green phlegm.
D: Where exactly does it hurt?
P: Right below my nipple.
D: How would you rate the pain on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst pain imaginable.
P: You mean like heartbreak? I'd rate it an 8, nothing hurts as bas a broken heart.
D: Did something happen recently?
P: Men are all jerks!! Well, you've been nice...so far!
D: Care to explain?
P: My boyfriend, well, my ex-boyfriend slept with my best friend, no, my ex-best friend. Thats all.
D: I'm sorry to hear that. How long ago did this happen?
P: One year ago.
D: Oh. No new relationships?
P: No. You're pretty cute though. Are you married?
D: How's work?
P: Well, it was great until this started. I love filming in the United Kingdom.
D: How long were you in the UK?
P: For the past month. Our first scenes were shot there. I just got back three days ago.
D: Have you been in contact with anyone else from the set?
P: Yes, all of em.
D: Have any of them been experiencing anything similar to you?
P: Now that you mention it, a few people have called in sick. I don't know if they have the same thing that I have, though.
D: Have you taken any medications?
P: Well, I'm on oral contriceptives. A friend gave me a few vicodin for the pain.
D: Do you take vicodin often?
P: No, only on a as needed basis. Whenever I'm in pain.
D: And how often are you in pain?
P: Not often, I think I've used in 10 times in the past six months. It helps with the headaches, too.
D: How often do you get headaches?
P: Not often at all, usually only after a long night, but I've had a headache on and off for the past 3 days too. Do you think it is related to my chest pain?
D: We will have to do some tests. How sever are the headaches?
P: Bareable. A five on that scale of yours.
D: When was your last one?
P: This morning, I was on the phone with my mother when it started.
D: Yeah, that happens to me too. Ha. I'm joking, this isn't part of the interview.
D: How is she?
P: Shes great.
D: And your father?
P: He's great, too.
D: Any siblings?
P: Three brothers. It was rough growing up, but now its ok. They aren't the brightest people in the world, so now I have the upper hand, but they are family.
D: Do you know of any diseases that run in your family?
P: No, they can do that?!
D: Yes, well some.
P: Like colds and flus?
D: Not exactly. How are your grandparents?
P: They are alive and well.
D: Okay, I'm going to summerize what we've discussed and you correct me if anything is missing.
P: Okay.
D: You are an actress who just got back from the UK shooting a film. Upon arrival in the US you started having chest pains whenever you took a deep breath or coughed. At first, it wasn't too bad, but it has progressively gotten worse. Along with the chest pains, you've experienced headaches as well as coughing up yellowish-green sputum. Is there anything else?
P: Ha, sputum. No, thats all right.
D: A few more question. Any changes in your hearing?
P: No
D: Vision?
P: No
D: Do you smoke?
P: Only pot, on average once a week and I use a vaporizer. Thats ok, right?
D: Feelings of fatigue?
P: Yeah, a little.
D: Any changes in your breasts?
P: No
D: How's your diet?
P: Great, I have a nutritionist and a cook.
D: Any changes in your urine?
P: No
D: When was your last bowel movement?
P: Um. Girls don't have bowel movements.
D: Thats what I thought too!
D: Stress?
P: Outside of work, I'm a pretty stress free girl.
D: Alright Ms. Fox, I think we can move on to the physical examination. Thank you for answering my questions.
P: Ooo, my favorite, and I said call me Megan!

1 comment: